Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Some Days...

I contemplated not having a Backyard Bug of the Day today, not because I didn't see any bugs (though I didn't see very many), but because I didn't really get good pictures of anything. Related question: Why does it ALWAYS have to be so windy?

Anyway, here are the Backyard Bugs of the Day:
 Just kidding. I got a slightly better picture than that. Although I kind of like the moodiness of this one.

 These are poplar leaf aphids, young ones. On a poplar leaf, naturally.

And here are some adults and some young ones.



 Random Bugs:
 These are a little hard to see - I am not sure if these are aphids, or hopper nymphs, or what. I think they are hopper nymphs. The white fuzz is excreted by them.


 Stilt bug

 Bee

 
 Fly, in shadow

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 You can just barely see it in this picture, but if you can pick out the lint all around, that is not lint on the camera lens, it is fuzz from the black birch seeds that have been released, that has been filling up spider webs all over the backyard.




No comments:

Post a Comment