Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Rushing

 Oops, look at the time. I'm going to have to blog fast... It was a beautiful day in the backyard today...

Backyard Bug of the Day:


 I don't usually get this view of leaf hoppers.

Random Bugs:
 I used to think that this was the most camera-shy of all bugs.

 Then I met this moth. This is not a good picture of this moth, because this is as close as it would allow me to get. The reason I even took a picture of this moth at this distance is because for WEEKS I have been seeing this moth (this kind, anyway, not necessarily this individual, although, who knows?), and this is the closest I have ever gotten. It flew away a second after I took this picture, before I even had a chance to TRY to move closer.


 Ant in a blueberry blossom


 A lot of weevils around lately.

Here's a couple more... That green is incredible.




 Some sort of larva? Really tiny.

 I saw several of these on a rock. I think they are larva of something, too.

 This one had some fuzzy stuff on its back end.

 This fly is TINY and so fairy-like.


 Now that there are almost no flowers left in the rock garden, I am still seeing bumblebees, but I see them elsewhere in the backyard. Mostly flying low over the ground, or as in the case of this one, crawling on the ground. I saw this one crawl over about 20 feet of ground before I lost it.


Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



No comments:

Post a Comment