Thursday, November 7, 2019

Stupor

I don't have an intro today...

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Another Ichneumon wasp, crawling in the leaf litter. This one was quite small, about the size of a large ant.

Other Bugs:
 There is a wastebasket on the back porch, where it has been for quite some time since it was taken outside to be washed (We don't want to bring it in wet, and it rains about every other day). There are several fallen leaves in it, deposited there by the wind, I presume, and both yesterday and today when I walked by I saw that there was a tree cricket resting on one of the leaves. It was there when I went out to do my bug walk today, but it was not there when I went back inside. I don't know where it went.

There were not as many insects on the mums again today, but there were several bumblebees:
 This one was in a stupor on the back of a flower.

This one was in a stupor on the back of another flower.

This one was active, flying in from somewhere, and then going from flower to flower, until it came to this flower, where it stopped to feed. I watched it for a few minutes, and then went on with my bug walk. When I came by again, about twenty minutes later, it was just sitting on top of the flower, in a fog like the other two.

Mostly there were flies on the mums:





 
 And this plant bug is still there.

I only found one milkweed bug nymph today. I don't know if the others have wandered off, or if they have been preyed upon by something.

 There were a lot of crickets singing today, and I found a few of them, too:



Fly

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




No comments:

Post a Comment