Monday, November 18, 2019

Slow Season

At this point in the year, you can just assume most of the time that if I don't post that day, it's because either it was too cold to go out and look for bugs, or I went out and didn't find any. Today I really thought that I wasn't going to find any, not because it was too cold, but because it took me a really long time to find one.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Wasp. Small enough that at first I thought it was an aphid.

Other than that, I saw a few ants:



And a few winter crane flies:
This is the only one that would sit for a picture, though.

I also saw the remains of a bird that had been eaten by a predator, and though that was sort of interesting, it was also gross, so I decided against taking a picture of it. Curious, though, is the fact that the spot where I found it is, I am coming to realize, the most popular spot in my backyard to come upon the remains of birds eaten by predators. I have no idea why.

No comments:

Post a Comment