Thursday, March 29, 2018

Peep Peep Peep

Tonight, ah, tonight the spring peepers were singing for the first time this year. What a sweet, joyful sound!

The rest of the day in my backyard was complete garbage. No, that's not true, but the only other good thing in the backyard today was another sound, which I can't photograph for you. But there was a flock of red-winged blackbirds in the trees, singing their song, and that was nice to hear.

I don't even have a Backyard Bug of the Day. Here is the ONLY insect I got a picture of:
 I don't like to have my hand in pictures, but I couldn't help it, this was the best I could do. The benefit is that you can judge the tininess of this bug, which appears to be some kind of Hemiptera nymph, by comparing it to the whorls of my fingerprint.

And here's THE ENEMY!
 Tick. Ick.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is probably the smallest spider I have ever seen. It was probably not even a single millimeter long.

No comments:

Post a Comment