Sunday, April 2, 2017

After April Fool's Day

We didn't get the forecast snow for April Fools, but we did get cold rainy weather for a couple of days, so today's sunshine and 61ºF high was welcome. It didn't draw out a lot of bugs, though.

Backyard Bugs of the Day:
 If you're looking for bugs, inside flowers is usually a pretty reliable place to look. There are not a lot of flowers blooming yet, but there are more crocuses every day, and this one crocus was pretty popular.

Most of them were devoid of insect life, however.

 I think this might be the same bee that was in this flower a few days ago.

 This insect flitted past me and, to my chagrin, landed in a tree too high above my head for a good picture. It looked like either a bee or a sawfly, but I didn't get a good look at it.

They still sometimes come to me, though.

And, that's all I've got - I saw a couple of other insects, but they didn't want to pose for me. Maybe now we'll start to have springtime for real - February was more springlike than March was, but I am holding out hopes for April.

No comments:

Post a Comment