Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Peep

Springtime and sunshine have been in short supply for the last few days, but today a charming sign of spring greeted me when I walked out the back door: peepers. Somewhere in the vicinity there must be some water that I don't know about, because the air was alive with the songs of tiny frogs today. It was a pleasure to hear.

I am glad for the wonderful sounds of spring, because there wasn't a lot to see, but I did find this vernal cue:
 Sap running in a cedar tree. This tree is full of tiny holes from woodpeckers (I assume).

There were not a lot of insects around today, just a few flies. This one was not enjoying the weather:
 Today was sunny, but windy. This fly's wings were being blown askew quite a bit.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jumping spider

No comments:

Post a Comment