Saturday, March 25, 2017

Abloom

After our first two days of spring, winter came back for a while - just in temperatures, it didn't snow again. So when I looked at the weather sensor today and saw that it was 55ºF (though completely overcast) I thought it would be a great day to find bugs, and went out with my camera.

It was not a great day to find bugs. I saw three. Three flies, all in flight, so no pictures. But, I did see this:
 Suddenly, spring again! This was a beautiful surprise for me today. I have a funny feeling that I said the same thing about this same crocus (meaning, the flower from the same bulb, not this actual flower) last year. I didn't know that any of the crocuses, which are naturalized in my backyard, so they are in random spots–some in places I don't think I ever planted them–were blooming, so... tada! See this was a highlight of my day, and I had a good day, so that's saying something.

Inside crocuses is sometimes a good place to find bugs, but that was not the case today. Alas.

I did find a spider in the mailbox (and no mail, but it was a tiny spider, so it can't be that the spider scared away the mailman), but it was not in a photographable spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment