Wednesday, December 23, 2015

At Least I Have Spiders

Hi there, bug fans! It's been a week since I had anything to blog, so... I haven't blogged. Some of those days I had nothing because it rained all day - I think the rain is trying to erase the drought from most of this year in the last two weeks of the year. Some of the days it was actually too cold for bugs - one day we didn't make it out of the 30s. Close, it was 39ºF, but still too cold. Most days it's been pretty warm, 50s and 60s. The high this afternoon was in the high 50s, but right now, as I write this at 2 in the morning, it is 61ºF. And pouring rain (We are NOT going to have a white Christmas). But there was one day this week I went out to do a bug walk between bouts of rain, and all I found was springtails. Lots and lots of springtails. It's been nice and wet for them. But I didn't bother blogging about just that.

So, I have a springtail today:
 I didn't see very many of them today, oddly, but there were a few around.

I saw some bugs flying by the windows today, too, gnats or something, but didn't see them when I was outside.

By the way, here is the link for the calendars again. They are now all in my "shop", so just one link to find them all, which is not at all like "One ring to bind them all," so don't worry that I am going all Lord of the Links on you. Click HERE for bug and spider calendars

So, on to the real reason I blogged today - I have spiders for Arachnid Appreciation!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 I found 2 little spiders today, this one...



... and this one:

This is not a view I get very often of a spider on a web - a side view of the spider AND the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment