Thursday, December 3, 2015

Aaw.

I have been on a trip down bug memory lane, going through files to choose the pictures for the 2016 calendars. Because I am going backward from the most recent ones, I am going from days when there were very few bugs to days where there were more. I am only to September, so still not in the really good part of bug season, but I am seeing some nice bugs. And lots of sunshine.

Today there was sunshine, but also wind. It was the same temperature as yesterday, but much colder. I saw a lot of winter crane flies, including a few swarms, but the swarms all stayed really low to the ground. I don't know if that was because of the wind, or for some other reason.

I don't have pictures of winter crane fly swarms for you today. In fact, I have only one picture, and again it is something I did not expect to see:
Proof that babies of anything are cute. Baby aphids (I think). Not something I have seen in months, and certainly not something I expected to see today, even without this summer having such a scarcity of aphids. After all, it's December now, which means meteorological winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment