Monday, April 20, 2015

Ribbit

It's been raining all day, so I didn't have an opportunity to go outside and look for bugs, but I suspect the rain is responsible for the interesting visitor on my front porch this evening.
 
Front Porch Frog of the Day:
I am no good at frog identification, but I think this is a tree frog, responsible for some of the nocturnal chirps we hear in the spring and summer (The title of this post is inappropriate. I am pretty sure this frog doesn't ribbit). It's quite small, I am guessing about 1 1/2 inches from end to end (not including legs). I didn't happen to see any bugs when I was out there, but it's possible that bugs are what drew the frog to the porch to begin with, because bugs are what frogs eat.

Also of note: this is the first amphibian I have seen this year. I hope to see many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment