Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Every Bug is Special

 Today every bug is Backyard Bug of the Day because I got pictures of three of them, and don't want to make a decision. I didn't do a bug walk, I just took pictures of bugs that I saw when I saw them (and unfortunately was not able to get a picture of a green lacewing that was in the car with us when we were out this morning, because I didn't have my camera with me).

Backyard Co-Bug of the Day #1:

I went out to photograph the monarch egg that I saw yesterday, and it was gone–I wasn't completely sure which leaf it had been on, but the one I thought was the right one had been half eaten (by what, I don't know), and apparently the egg was eaten along with it. But then I found this tiny, newly hatched, first instar monarch caterpillar on another leaf.

Backyard Bug of the Day #2:

Pearl crescent butterfly on marigold

Backyard Co-Bug of the Day #3:

Fishfly on the back door screen when we got back from our night hike.



Arachnid Appreciation:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jumping spider and... another spider.

Spider with a fly in its web




No comments:

Post a Comment