Monday, July 26, 2021

Breaking the Rules

 Today I broke my rule about not chasing after butterflies to get a picture. I didn't get a picture, which is why I have that rule, because chasing the butterflies never works. It was a monarch, the second one I have seen in my backyard today, and she laid an egg, which I forgot to go out an photograph with my macro lens, so I don't have a picture of it today, but I did manage to get a picture of another bug because I chased the butterflies, so...

Backyard Bug of the Day:

Katydid. Female. On top of the mail that I dropped on the driveway in order to pursue the butterfly. After I took this picture I shooed her away so that I could pick up the mail and bring it in the house. She's a juvenile, which you can tell from the fact that her wings are not fully grown (and the fact that she's pretty small).


No comments:

Post a Comment