Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Hyperbole

 It was a dark and stormy afternoon. Well, okay, it sprinkled a little. But it was dark, and windy. And I didn't take any good pictures today.

Backyard Amphibian of the Day:


Backyard Bird of the Day:

I don't know what this is, other than a bird of prey. As you can tell, I didn't get a good look at it, and this is not a scenario for a macro lens. There had been some crows sitting in the dead tree next to this one, and they all flew off right before this bird swooped in to sit for a minute. I enjoyed watching it when it flew away; it flew so elegantly.

An ailanthus webworm left the web and it looks like it has started a new one.

 

Cricket, female

Hover fly

Arachnid Appreciation:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Jumping spider

I think this is a long-jawed orb weaver.




No comments:

Post a Comment