Sunday, September 13, 2020

Flower Surprise

 I'm too stressed out to think of anything to say about bugs today. Let's just look at pictures.

Backyard Bug of the Day:

Moth on thistle

Other Bugs:

 
Today it was a female katydid on what I have come to regard as the katydid plant in the milkweed patch.
 

Ant on morning glory. I was excited to see this flower, because I didn't plant morning glories this year, and have been missing them. This one is growing in a spot where I planted them last year but they never bloomed, so they could not have reseeded. I have no idea how this flower came to be, but seeing it today was a happy surprise. As I was trying to take pictures of the flower, this ant was doing laps around the edge of the bloom.

I really wish I had been able to get a better picture of this. I am posting it just because of those great antennae.

 

Whatever it is that is on this leaf is still attracting insects, though it's about half gone.

 
They were still going for something on the ground underneath, too.
 
 
Tree cricket

Arachnid Appreciation:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

Nursery web spider on the netting around the blueberry bush

Jumping spider

Flower crab spider on thistle






No comments:

Post a Comment