Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Bees in the Rain

It rained all day today, which should mean that I don't have anything to blog about, but I do. I didn't bring my camera out with me when I went out to get the mail, but for some reason I felt compelled to have a quick look at the backyard, and ended up going inside to get my camera... and an umbrella.

Here's what was happening out in the rain:
 A bumblebee sheltered under a leaf...

... but on the plants where there were so many bumblebees yesterday...
 ... there were still some bumblebees today.

 They did not look like they were planning on going anywhere. In addition to being rainy, it was also chilly today, with the high temperature only in the low 50s.

 I did see one fly flying around (and a crane fly, too, but I didn't get a picture of that).

On the porch as I was going into the house I found the Backyard Bug of the Day:
 March fly, male. This is the time of year when suddenly these appear. I saw one fly by yesterday, and now there's this one on the porch.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The marbled orb weaver was in its bower, but covered with rain drops nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment