Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Blur

I didn't take any really good pictures today, so I'll share with you the best of the 200 bad pictures I took of bugs. Maybe after the ten days of rain that are forecast are finished we will have some sunshine, and I can take pictures with a faster shutter speed, and they will be better. Until then... lots of gloomy, blurry pictures coming up.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Some kind of flower long-horn beetle, I think. Absolutely covered in pollen.

 Here's the only one I saw that was not covered in pollen.

 Well, this one isn't covered... yet.

There were quite a number of these beetles on this bush, and even though there are plenty of flowers to go around, they were a little bit hostile to each other.

What else was out there today?
 No idea what this is.

 A lot of moths flitting about today. This one flitted in front of me and landed on the grass.

 Some pretty good camouflage... but not perfect, because I saw it.

Here's a closer look.

 Caterpillar

 Some kind of beetle



 
 And some kind of Hemiptera

A few moths were attracted to the back porch light:


 There were several of these, a couple of them kind of agitated and flying around my head.



Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 Do you see the spider? I admit, I only saw this one because it was climbing a thread between branches, and even then, I couldn't really believe what I was seeing...

 
 A green spider! And so small.






No comments:

Post a Comment