Monday, June 29, 2015

Love Bugs

Today's blog, which is being written in a massive hurry, is dedicated to my wonderful husband, to whom I have been married 24 years as of today. There is a very good reason for dedicating this blog to him, and that is that without him I would probably not have a blog about bugs. He gave me my camera as a gift. He also gave me the macro lens as a gift. And the 2X extender that makes the macro lens even more macro. He also gave me the ring flash. And a brand new monopod, because I broke the previous one (and the one before that). He has made my bug photography possible, and so today I salute him, and all of the ways he has made me happy - not the least by not thinking his wife is crazy for being so fond of bugs. (He is also uploading the pictures for this post while I rush to get ready to go out).

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I think this is a dragonfly. My knowledge of the difference between dragonflies and damselflies has to do with how they hold their wings, and this one is sort of in between. But I think it's a dragonfly. So amazingly delicate...


Random Bugs:
 This is the baby bug that hatched on the picnic umbrella. None of the others have hatched yet, and today is the first time this one has moved away from the eggs. It looks like its color has darkened.


 Young assassin


 There were four bees here, until the second I got my camera ready...

 I only had time to see bees on the milkweed.


 Caught in the netting over the blueberries



Here's to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment