Sunday, June 28, 2015

1,2,3

Well, this won't take long.

I was resigned to not being able to do a bug walk today because the forecast was dire and rainy, but the rain let up before we went out for the day, and I got to go out looking for bugs. Yay! But I barely found any. Boo!

I saw a lot of raindrops...

... But not a lot of bugs. Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I think this is a young tree cricket, but it could be something else, I don't know enough to be sure. It is quite small, about 1/4 inch, much smaller than a similar bug I posted a while back.

 In contrast, this is somewhat bigger than a similar bug that was Backyard Bug of the Day a few weeks ago. It could even be the exact same bug, having grown. Not very likely, but it could be.

Then there's this. And that's it for the bugs I got pictures of today. I saw several moths, but that's all. Nobody was even on the milkweed.

I found this, though. I think it is some sort of insect egg.

So, that was it for the day. Not much to tide you over, but there will probably not be a blog for the next two days; sorry about that. Instead, go out and look for bugs in your own backyard. You may find something amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment