Sunday, May 10, 2015

Abbreviated

You know that thing that happens when you are walking somewhere and you nearly bump into another person, and you do that awkward dance where you try to get out of each other's way, but first you both go one way, and then you both go the other? I saw that happen today with a bumblebee and a butterfly.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Checkered beetle


I only had a few minutes to do a bug walk today, and it wasn't enough time to find much.

Random Bugs:


 This is the closest I have gotten to a butterfly so far this year.


Jack-in-the-pulpit

I did find a few nice spiders, though. Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


I have a bunch of pictures of this next one, because I think it is one I have not seen before, and it was intriguing. I think it is a species of jumping spider, but in some ways it both looked and acted different from other jumping spiders, so I don't know.






No comments:

Post a Comment