Sunday, September 5, 2021

Spider and Others

 This could have ended up being a post with just a picture of spider, but fortunately I did find a bug when I went outside to take pictures of the spider that my husband found. So...

Backyard Bug of the Day:

Jagged ambush bug


Other than the billion mosquitoes that attacked me in spite of the fact that I put on bug spray before I went out, I only saw two other bugs today, which I thought was odd. It was a totally overcast day, and rained a little, but it was warm, and since when did a little rain keep the bugs away? I at least expected to see some waterlogged bumblebees on the autumn joy sedum flowers, but I didn't see any. It was weird. 

Here's the other one I got a photo of:

I think this is an assassin bug. So all predators, no prey today.

And now for the spider that was the only reason I took my camera out on this dreary day: Arachnid Appreciation:

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.





This might be a cross orb weaver. It's definitely an orb weaver. I am no good at spider identification, though.



No comments:

Post a Comment