Saturday, August 21, 2021

Cycling

 I only have one picture to share today, because I didn't get to do a bug walk, what with preparing for a hurricane and all. Yet again I spotted something while I was sitting on the back porch steps, and it's the perfect addition to what has been a theme this week, The Life Cycle of the Lady Beetle:

This lady beetle larva is getting ready to pupate! When I found it, it was hanging upside down with its back end stuck to the leaf. Of course it "snapped" down when I disturbed it, so I didn't get a shot of it hanging, but you get the idea. So, this week we saw lady beetle eggs, lady beetle hatchlings, multiple instars of lady beetle larvae, lady beetle larvae beginning the pupation process (there were several like this), a lady beetle pupa, and lady beetle adults!


No comments:

Post a Comment