Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Snowless

Oops, I forgot I did a bug walk today, and almost didn't remember to write this blog!

Not that there is much to write about. Except to say that it feels churlish to complain about pleasant weather, but I don't think we got any snow at all in February, which is usually our snowiest month. I wanted more snow this winter. Just a normal amount, nothing crazy. And today as I was walking around outside in a t-shirt, I couldn't help thinking that while 10 to 20 degrees above normal is nice in February, what if that pattern holds until July?

I don't have a Backyard Bug of the Day today, because I didn't see anything noteworthy. Actually, I didn't see many insects at all. I do think it was interesting that this stonefly was in the same spot where I saw it yesterday:

 And I found a woolly bear caterpillar in the street. I moved it onto the curb, which seemed like a safer place for it.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 Spider in the leaf litter

 This one was dangling from a thread when I spotted it.

This mite was about a tenth the size of the one I saw yesterday, not that you can tell from the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment