Saturday, March 16, 2019

Crick Crick Crick

I think I heard a cricket in my backyard today. Crickets overwinter as adults, so it is definitely possible that the warmer weather the last couple of days woke one up, but this isn't the time of year for their song. However, I would never tell a cricket not to sing, even if it's the wrong season, so... play on, little cricket!

I didn't choose a Backyard Bug of the Day today, because there wasn't really anything that I wanted to choose, so here's the insects I found in my backyard today:
 Ant. Could be a winter ant.

But this one is not a winter ant; it is much bigger.

There were wingless moths on that tree again:
 Yesterday there were two, today there were three, but I don't know if two of them were the ones from yesterday. They were not in the same places anyway. I didn't see any males, or any egg masses.


 Twice-stabbed lady beetle

 Fly

 Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment