Monday, December 17, 2018

Seek and Ye Shall Find... If You're Primed

Back on the subject of being mentally primed to find bugs, I found a good example of that today. First, look at this picture:
 Bear in mind that you already know there is a bug in this picture, because I am telling you it is there. Imagine, instead, that you were walking around outside, it was overcast, you were cold and wanted to be done with your search, and you walked by this twig. Even if you happened to glance at the twig, would you notice the insect on it?


Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I have been trying to figure out what this is, and have considered tree louse and aphid, but I am not sure either way.


Other Bugs:
 Gnat

 Here's another spotting test. Can you see any of the tiny nymphs that were Backyard Bug of the Day yesterday?

 

 I am not convinced that this is a springtail nymph...




 Cranefly

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment