Monday, May 18, 2020

Brevity

It still hurts to type much, so again I am going to just skip right to the pictures. There wasn't much to see today, so there isn't much to say anyway.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Wasp. Female.

 I don't know why she was crawling around inside a dandelion seed puff.


Other Bugs:
 Beetle

 Moth. I thought this would be in my books, but I can't find it. It is similar to a bird dropping moth, and you can probably guess where that name comes from.


 Assassin bug

 Ant with a hefty cargo

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

 



 I didn't ever get a good look at this spider, but from here it looks like it is missing its two front legs on this side.

Reptile of the Day:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 This is the same garter snake I saw the other day. This time I spotted it without nearly stepping on it.

 It's in pretty bad shape.

 You can see that it is missing some scales around its mouth, and it has injured its eye. I think snakes hunt primarily by smell, but this can't be great for a predator.

 It looks like last time it shed its skin a bit was stuck on the tail.

 The other eye is okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment