Friday, March 20, 2020

Welcome, Pollinator!

My bug walk today was curtailed by rain. Here's what I got...

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Bee. The creeping myrtle is pretty much in full bloom, but I have not been seeing pollinators among the flowers. I think maybe the flowers bloomed too early, and the pollinators had not come out yet. Today I did finally see a bee in the rock garden.


 It's been a strange week, for a lot of reasons. I have done bug walks on other days, but I only found the things I have been posting for weeks, so I didn't feel it was worth posting them again. Actually, a couple of days ago I saw several photo-worthy insects as I set off on my daily woodlands walk, but I didn't have my camera with me. I figured, though, that when I got back from my walk I would be able to do a bug walk and find a lot of bugs. This turned out not to be the case. I didn't find anything at all on my bug walk. And so it goes. This may not be a daily blog anymore. I think I may only be posting if I find something that I think is interesting enough to post. Fortunately for you, if you have an insatiable need for insect photos, my threshold for interesting is pretty low. This week has run the gamut from snow one night (it didn't stay around, because it turned to rain), to today's high of the mid-60s. Sunshine, snow, and rain. First day of astronomical spring. And I am in self-isolation from the Covid-19 virus.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment