Thursday, December 5, 2019

Itsy, Bitsy, Chilly Spider

I went for a walk in the woods today, and everything is still covered in snow, except the snow is a few days old now, and it's been above freezing for a couple of days, so things are starting to poke out of the blanket. I found the ferns poking up out of the snow to be charming, so I stopped to take a picture of one, and I found something interesting.

This is the point where the arachnophobes should just check out, because there is nothing here you want to see. Except the spider I am about to show you is teeny tiny, and couldn't ever hurt you.

 Look at the frond on the lower left, and see what is dangling from it...

 I apologize for the terrible photos, these are cellphone pictures.

It was alive and active; while I was looking at it, it dropped from the plant and started walking on the snow.

It's winter, there's snow everywhere, and spiders are alive and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment