Monday, December 9, 2019

Flit

I couldn't do a bug walk today because it was raining, but since the temperature was quite mild, it was, interestingly, a good night for attracting insects to the porch light.

Not all of them were things I was glad to see, however.
 Winter moths. They are an invasive species. I realized that they were "in season" earlier in the evening when we were out in the car and they kept flitting across the road in the light of the headlights. I figured that I would be seeing them at the porch light, and there they were.

I am not choosing a Backyard Bug of the Day today because other than the winter moths, which I am not going to choose because of their harmfulness to the trees, I think the other insects I saw have all been BBotD this year. But here are the Other Bugs:
 Caddisfly

 Winter crane fly

Springtail

No comments:

Post a Comment