Sunday, August 13, 2017

Just A Few Bugs

Oops, it's really late! I better get these pictures uploaded!

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 I don't know what kind of bug this is, but it's in the order Hemiptera.

I don't have much in the way of other bugs:
 This caterpillar reminds me of a giraffe. It's dangling from a leaf on its silk thread.


 Climbing back up the thread.


 Moth

 Sawfly larva

 I found another little monarch caterpillar in the backyard today.

 Here's what I am waiting for inside. I foolishly did not keep track of when these all turned into chrysalides; I know there were two on Friday, and two on Saturday, but I don't know about the rest of them (not all of which can be seen here).

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Flower crab spider

No comments:

Post a Comment