Saturday, June 25, 2016

Many Nymphs

I procrastinated too long again, so let's just get right to the pictures.

Backyard Bug of the Day:
 Some kind of hopper nymph. This is a new one for me, I think. It is also the smallest hopper nymph I have ever seen.

There are a lot of hopper nymphs in the backyard lately.

Side view of the above.

This milkweed plant was covered with them. (Side note - this milkweed plant, like quite a number of the milkweed plants in the backyard this year, has no flowers on it. Not even buds. I don't know what that's all about, but I am not happy about it. It can't be good).

Of course, as the nymphs grow, they shed their exoskeletons, so there are a lot of those around, too.


Other Random Bugs:
 Bee

 Eastern tiger swallowtail caterpillar. I have adopted it.

 Ladybeetle larva

 
 Weevil

 Some kind of Hemiptera

 Spittle bug?

 Tree cricket nymph?

 Moth

 Sawfly? Or some other kind of wasp.

Arachnid Appreciation:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment