Thursday, November 18, 2021

November Sunshine

 Here we are, almost 2/3 of the way through November, and after a couple of weeks with freezing nights...

I have been diligently covering my few late-season chrysanthemum plants, so there are a few blooms, but I have not been seeing bugs on them most days. That's probably because of the fact that I don't usually get around to uncovering them until the middle of the afternoon. But last night was much warmer, so I didn't cover the plants, so they were unencumbered all day, and when I went out to get the mail I discovered that they had, indeed attracted some pollinators. (There have been a couple of days, actually, when there were bugs and spiders on these, but it was too windy for photography). I don't know if you can tell here, but there are two bees on the flower in front, and one on the right in the back...



The the third flower got a visitor, a hover fly.

The other plant has one flower on it, and it was turned away from the sun, but it had a visitor, too. And isn't the dreamy quality of November sunlight enchanting?

There were other insects flying around today, and a few crickets to be heard. Meteorological winter may be here soon, but insects don't regulate their lives by calendars.



No comments:

Post a Comment