Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Chillin'

I'm going to break my own rules today and post a picture I took yesterday. I took the picture, and then after I took it decided, without looking at it on my computer, that it didn't show what I thought it did, so I didn't bother with it. But today I did load it up on my computer, and found out that it... well, let's just look at it, shall we?

 Okay, I know what you're thinking, that it's just another springtail, and what's the big deal, I've seen them a lot lately, and my last blog post showed them on the snow. But the day I found them on the snow was around 40ºF. This picture was taken when they temperature was just barely above freezing, about 34ºF. I was surprised that there was even liquid water there (this, by the way, is a tiny puddle in the arm of an overturned lawn chair). And there was this springtail, scooting around on the top of the water. So, I'm just posting it as more of the amazingness of winter insects.

Magnified view.

No comments:

Post a Comment