Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Hanging Tight

This has been one of those December days when you can't help but think that if it was colder, we'd be getting a bit of snow right now. As it is, in the afternoon it was in the low 50s, and in the late evening it was in the high 50s, so it's rain. And rain kept me from doing a complete bug walk today. I have a few pictures, but no Backyard Bug of the Day.

 Contrary to my avowed intention to not post the same bugs over and over again, I am posting a picture of this winter firefly, literally the same bug I have posted over and over again. That is because this particular winter firefly has been sheltering in the same crevice in the bark of a tree for weeks, and I wanted to show that it is still there.

 Because it was wet and mild today, there were springtails out, but this is the only place I saw them. This is the most I have seen together in one place this year.

We went out for the evening, and came home to find not only a bunch of winter moths on the front porch, but also this caddisfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment